Friday, February 21, 2014

Lights, Cameras and Shiner!

Our trip out to LA was full of firsts for this blogger. I had my first In and Out burger, my first peek at the Pacific ocean and my first photo shoot! What a jam-packed weekend! I'm back and ready to take you all behind the scenes once again. Let's go!

Ken's studio is very interesting. It's an open space with almost everything you would need for an all day photo shoot. There are backdrops, props, cameras and lights.... I could go on and on. Ken was telling us it took them the entire day before the shoot to set and position all their equipment. And there was still more adjustments to be made before we could get started. I guess I didn't realized just how involved the whole process is!

I also quickly learned how tricky it is to put on latex. As most of you know, it's sort of like putting your clothes on when your skin is still wet. I couldn't imagine doing it on your own! Kimberly and I made quite the team. And by the end of the day, we had it down to a science. And both of our ladies were extremely tolerant of all the pulling, tugging and snapping. And the gobs and gobs of shiner. It comes with the territory!

Now, the Tara dress was a bit tricky to get on! Well, the real pesky bit of business is positioning it correctly. It's important to make sure that lines of the dress are even and symmetrical. With a bit of coaxing, this dress looks amazing on. We love how this dress plays with the curves on the body. Oh and that zipper in the back? It's a lifesaver!

Lucky for you, the Maria dress has a back zip too! At the shoot, we we're discussing how this dress is great for those ladies out there who don't want a teeny tiny dress. It's the perfect cocktail dress. You all asked for a dress like this and we delivered! And it has 8 panels! You know what that means! It's perfect for twirling! Oh and it gives you an amazing fit too.

That's all for this post! Be sure to stay tuned to the blog as we continue to roll out the Blue Skye Collection Part Deux!

No comments:

Post a Comment