Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Behind the Scenes: Ken Marcus

Ready for one last interview? It's sad, we know! But all good things must come to end. But not quite yet! Today we are taking a step behind the camera and putting the spotlight on Ken Marcus!

We were more than thrilled to work with Ken again this year. We had a blast the year before and loved his work. And he's just great to work with. We love his approach and attitude. We just get each other!

Ken kick started his career at the early age of 12. He studied and worked under Ansel Adams. His worked with Penthouse Magazine and Playboy Magazine. And his Nudes in Nature series is permanently displayed at Yosemite National Magazine. Luckily, we were able to chat a little with him.

Ivey: Hey Ken! Thanks for having us back again. We're really excited to be here! 

Ken:  We're glad to have you here. We had a great shoot last year.

Ivey: It was! Those pictures were amazing! 

Ken:  Well, thank you. It's really a group effort. Most of the work is done before and after I even pick up a camera. 

Ivey: That's very true. So tell us about working with Ansel Adams. How did come about?

Ken: I had a love for photography from the start. I actually attended one of his workshops initially. i was hooked and attended as many as I could. 

Ivey: Would you say he made a huge impact on your career?

Ken:  Absolutely. He wasn't yet a household name when I first started studying with him. I had no idea how big he would become. I learned about self promotion and business. That led to my own success. 

Ivey: That's incredible. When did you really get started with your career?

Ken: I obtained my business license at 17. Yes, it was quite a young age. And by 18, I found the studio we're standing in now! 

Ivey: Really?! That's so neat. This place has history for you then. 

Ken:  It certainly does! 

Ivey: We have made ourselves quite at home! We hope you'll have us back next year! 

Ken: Absolutely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment